Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life With A Vincent




A good friend of mine named Frank Rumbletone brought me a book yesterday. Published in 1975, it is simply entitled "Superbikes." The author chose 30 of his favorite sports bikes and wrote two pages about what they were like to ride. The following two pages are a full color photo of an example of the bike. The book is amazing! Today I read the pages on one of my all time favorite bikes, the Vincent Black Shadow. What a beautiful bike!

The author leaves us with these words of wisdom "Every man owes it to himself to spend a year or so with a Vincent Black Shadow. A long run, fast, with a good friend over some high wintry moors and the promise of an evening fireside chat after a meal at a good hotel. Life with a Vincent is a rich experience."

What I love here, is that these words are not written by someone who works for Vincent, or who has any stake in Vincent's sales. They are an absolutely, truely natural testimonial, and they make me so badly wish I was burning up some highway on one of those amazing motorcycles. I honestly have goosebumps, and a tear welling up in my eye over this. Man I love motorcycles! Pinball! Motorcycles!! Rock and Roll!!!!!

1 comment:

Griff said...

Vincents, fantastic, it's only a rich experience if you are, cos you need to be to have one, there's some nice Egli ones on my blog
Griff (mad about bikes too)