Monday, September 22, 2008

Good As Gold!



This guy made my day. I may be wrong, and if I am please let me know, but I think this is the first Sparrow neck tattoo. His name is Christopher Gold, and his band is called

Christopher Gold and the Dirty Rotten So and Sos.

I know a million people that got Rocket From The Crypt tattoos over the last bunch of years. Sure, it got you into the shows for free, but it also got you into a community of real rock and roll fans. Everyone has their own reasons, but a part of it has got to be something about community building. What I really love is the community that is growing up around Sparrow. We're not just here to sell guitars. We're here because our lives revolve around rock and roll. It makes me feel great to see people in other parts of the world that feel so strongly about what we're doing - and I think that's the point. Sparrow isn't something that a few of us are doing here in Vancouver, it's a piece of the bigger community of people sold out for Rock and Roll all over the world. Thanks Christopher, that looks great on you!